I love, LOVE, LOVE personality tests. It’s probably because I’m INFJ.
(If you want to know your type, click here for a free, easy test based on Jung and Briggs-Meyers. HumanMetrics.com gives some brief information after you hit Submit but if you want more detailed information after you know your type, click here. PersonalityPage.com has links to all 16 personality combinations defined by Jung and Briggs-Meyers.)
Whenever I start feeling down about how I’m different then everyone else around me, I go back to PersonalityPage.com and read about INFJ’s.
INFJ’s make up only 1% of the population! No wonder I don’t know anyone else like me!
INFJ’s trust instinct above anything else. This one is the hardest for most people to understand. There have been many times where I couldn’t explain why I felt the way I did but it made perfect sense to me.
INFJ’s prefer autonomy and creativity at work. Yep, definitely me there. I hate when someone gives me a job and then stands over my shoulder and watches me do it. Just leave me alone and let me shine.
I love this list of common traits. This is a direct quote from PersonalityPage.com.
- Intuitively understand people and situations
- Highly principled
- Complex and deep
- Natural leaders
- Sensitive and compassionate towards people
- Value deep, authentic relationships
- Reserved about expressing their true selves
- Dislike dealing with details unless they enhance or promote their vision
- Constantly seeking meaning and purpose in everything
- Creative and visionary
- Intense and tightly wound
- Can work logically and rationally – use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it
If you ever wanted to know me in a nutshell, there it is. Some of the traits in the list are obvious strengths. Some that look like weaknesses I have already learned how to turn into strengths. And then there are the ones that are obvious weaknesses and those are the ones I’m working on for the next 14 days and probably the rest of my life.
If you take the test, leave a comment and let me know your type. I’d love to know more about my readers.
Don’t be afraid to learn about yourself. You are amazing!